Low-Fat Baked Jalapeno Poppers

jalapeno-poppers

If you’re a jalapeño fan, this fast and easy recipe is for you! 

I have had jalapeño poppers a handful of times from restaurants and they are the type of food that is perfect for watching football. The added bonus that these took me just 15 minutes start to finish makes it even better!

Go on and gather your ingredients – there are just 3! – and get these served before the next big game!

Baked Jalapeno Poppers

jalapeno-poppers jalapeno-poppers-pin2

#madewithChobani

Pin these images for later!

Disclaimer: I was invited to share a recipe using Chobani Greek Yogurt, but was not compensated in any way to post about their product. It’s actually my favorite Greek yogurt, so I was totally willing to use it as motivation to share this recipe. 

jalapeno-poppers

Baked Jalapeño Poppers

Perfect appetizer for a cheesy kick to your meal. Three ingredients and added protein using Greek yogurt.
Prep Time 5 mins
Cook Time 10 mins
Total Time 15 mins
Course Appetizers, Finger Foods, Snacks
Cuisine American
Servings 4 people

Ingredients

• 8 jalapeños halved + seeded
  • 5 oz Greek yogurt plain
  • .5 cup sharp cheddar grated

Instructions

• Preheat oven 450 degrees.
  • Mix cheese and yogurt. Spoon into halved + seeded jalapeños. Place onto baking sheet (lined with parchment paper).
  • Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese filling is bubbly.

Notes

Nutritional information (per serving): Calories 115, Carbs 5, Fat 6, Protein 10.
Serving Size: 4 jalapeno poppers (halves)
Substitution: You may use cream cheese instead of Greek yogurt, but please note that will increase the fat to 22.

Recommended Articles

13 Comments

1. Okay, you’re on! I absolutely love jalapeno poppers and if I could make them healthier, I’d go crazy. I’m printing this out, pinning, stumbling and trying!

2. Poppers are my favorite appetizer! I can’t wait to give yours a try. Thanks.

3. This beyond perfect! I can’t wait to make them!

4. These look super yummy and much easier than I thought they’d be!! Thanks for sharing!

5. Ok, this is genius! I love love it! It’s great that it is a healthy option so I can still have some cheese, but have the greek yogurt with it. I’m definitely trying this one at my house!

6. This is perfect for entertaining! Looks fast, easy, and delicious.

7. jalapeno poppers are my favorite!!

8. These Jalapeno Poppers look so darn fabulous! I pinned your image to Pinterest. 🙂

9. Kathy | MomWifeWoman

I love me some jalapeno poppers! I’m always up for trying a new recipe. Thanks for sharing.

10. Ooooohhh!!
    Nice combination with the greek yoghurt there babe!
    Me likeeeee

11. […] my low fat jalapeño popper recipe. They also can be made in the air […]

So what do you think?

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: